Community talk about communities.sas.com. Meta!

Forum is eating my code

Super User

Forum is eating my code

I know I'm a 'power user' and others may not be having the same issues. but this one is happening multiple times and I initially assumed I was just hitting Post too soon or something. 

Anyways, I add the code in to the answer (image1) and then when it posts the code is gone Smiley Sad (image 2). 

delete code.PNGdelete_code2.PNG

Community Manager

Re: Forum is eating my code

Hi @Reeza,

I've tested this out on our community stage environment and it's working fine. We're looking into this though and will get back to you.

Best,

Anna

Super User

Posted in reply to AnnaBrown

It's not happening all the time, but it's definitely occurring. It happened twice on the post indicated so I was able to take screenshots of it.

Super User
Super User

Have you tried different browsers?

Does in happen only when you are making quick changes?  Perhaps closing the pop-up and then immediately hitting the post button?

I find that sometimes the editor page takes a little time to figure things out. It appears to have opened the post for editing and I try to start typing and then I look and it has reformatted the page and the cursor is in a new place that the things I typed are not where I wanted them.

Super User

[ Edited ]

@Tom Yes, this has happened on multiple browsers, Safari (iPad), Safari(MacBook), Chrome(Windows 7).  

The pop up and wait may be an important caveat. I'll see if I can replicate it with that. 

this is my new test code.

EDIT: ok, pressed it almost instantaneously and it posted here...the fact that it happened repeatedly on that previous post is confusing to me. I tried three times editing that one. 

Super User

Maybe "or" is a special word . Try to get rid of it .

PROC Star

I don't have an answer, but am just testing a possibility:

x=test;
run;

or

extra lines of
code
PROC Star

test2

data have;
  set test;

or

data extra;
  set lines;
Community Manager

Let us know if this is still happening @Reeza.  If so...well, I'll see you on Monday night or Tuesday at least and we'll take a look.

Alberta-bound Chris

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation