BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User

I know I'm a 'power user' and others may not be having the same issues. but this one is happening multiple times and I initially assumed I was just hitting Post too soon or something. 

Anyways, I add the code in to the answer (image1) and then when it posts the code is gone 😞 (image 2). 

delete code.PNGdelete_code2.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @Reeza,

I've tested this out on our community stage environment and it's working fine. We're looking into this though and will get back to you.

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

Reeza
Super User

It's not happening all the time, but it's definitely occurring. It happened twice on the post indicated so I was able to take screenshots of it.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Have you tried different browsers?

Does in happen only when you are making quick changes?  Perhaps closing the pop-up and then immediately hitting the post button?

I find that sometimes the editor page takes a little time to figure things out. It appears to have opened the post for editing and I try to start typing and then I look and it has reformatted the page and the cursor is in a new place that the things I typed are not where I wanted them.

Reeza
Super User

@Tom Yes, this has happened on multiple browsers, Safari (iPad), Safari(MacBook), Chrome(Windows 7).  

The pop up and wait may be an important caveat. I'll see if I can replicate it with that. 

this is my new test code.

EDIT: ok, pressed it almost instantaneously and it posted here...the fact that it happened repeatedly on that previous post is confusing to me. I tried three times editing that one. 

Ksharp
Super User

Maybe "or" is a special word . Try to get rid of it .

art297
Opal | Level 21

I don't have an answer, but am just testing a possibility:

x=test;
run;

or

extra lines of
code
art297
Opal | Level 21

test2

data have;
  set test;

or

data extra;
  set lines;
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Let us know if this is still happening @Reeza.  If so...well, I'll see you on Monday night or Tuesday at least and we'll take a look.

Alberta-bound Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation