BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
art297
Opal | Level 21

Am I the only one who repeatedly gets the message that my response was marked as an accepted solution when, in fact, someone else's response was actually accepted?

In such cases it's just an on-screen notification I get from the forum, not the email and notification I get when one of my responses is actually marked as an accepted solution.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

16 REPLIES 16
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Even I noticed this couple of days back. It's the same issue as you mentioned. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi art,

I saw that happenning previously. One day, I was there online and discovered the truth: It might happen that someone actually marked ypur answer as solution but then later changed his/her mind and marked other answer as solution.

Not sure if this is your case but i found it in mine
art297
Opal | Level 21

@JuanS_OCS: No, I don't think so. In such cases I'd receive an email saying that the response was marked as a solution. I'm referring only to instances where I don't receive such an email.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

It's a bug in the notification system, definitely.

PG
Astounding
PROC Star

Happens to me frequently, as long as I have posted some kind of response but not the correct one.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @art297 and everyone for sharing your experience. How long has this been happening? We've reported it to the platform vendor.

Anna 

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

art297
Opal | Level 21

@AnnaBrown: I'm not sure when it started. It's been there for quite some time (at least a couple of years now I think).

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Thanks, @art297. This has never happened to me. I do receive on-screen notifications on the forum that say something like "A topic you're following now has an accepted solution," or something like that.

Could you send me a few links to topics where you've received the erroneous message that you've received the accepted solution?

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

art297
Opal | Level 21

@AnnaBrown: I'll see if I can document one in the future. They're only pop-up windows, as I recall, thus I don't know how to access them other than seeing them when they appear. I'm not sure if I've seen the same thing when one of my posts was actually marked as a correct solution.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To me it looks like that:

- for a given time after the last activity, the forum webpage loaded in the browser (I'm usually on the "latest topics" list) scans for messages from the website, and shows the pop-up(s)

- under certain conditions, the "a solution was accepted" message deliverd by the website is misinterpreted as "your solution was accepted"

so it might be that the effect does not happen everywhere on the forum and/or not to all users in the same manner

art297
Opal | Level 21

@Kurt_Bremser: By latest topics page are you referring to: https://communities.sas.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/activity-hub ?

That is the one I always use.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 like
  • 9 in conversation