BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jacksonan123
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

When I try to attach a text file the path appears but the file is not attached. See below.

Can someone tell me what types of files can be attached to a post?

Is there a post that details how to handle attachments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I caan see the file you attached?  You can attach most file types to posts, however that being said as this is a Q&A forum, it would be advisable to use simple test data datasteps posted into code windows in the post (its the {i} above the post area), post code in code window as well.  Avoid the use of attached files as a few of them (Office docs straight off) are either dangerous to download or not directly usable by everyone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I caan see the file you attached?  You can attach most file types to posts, however that being said as this is a Q&A forum, it would be advisable to use simple test data datasteps posted into code windows in the post (its the {i} above the post area), post code in code window as well.  Avoid the use of attached files as a few of them (Office docs straight off) are either dangerous to download or not directly usable by everyone.

jacksonan123
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks very much for your reply  but you state avoid the use of attached files, but what is the alternative when you need the data to run the posted code?

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You post example test data in a datastep which describes the problem:

data have;
  input a b c $;
datalines;
1 2 a
;
run;

You can also use this post to get your data - however its not good to post lots of data or sensitive etc. data:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat...

jacksonan123
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
The information in the post will be useful for data and I will implement it
in the future but in my case I have a large text file so I think that it
would have to be loaded as an attachment.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
jacksonan123
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Will do that for future posts.

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation