BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I'm guessing this is a problem with Internet Explorer 11 rather than a problem with SAS Communities, but nevertheless, if anyone knows why my editor icons are not appearing and how to fix this, please let me know. This is what my editor bar looks like, as you can see most icons are no longer present. Thanks.

Capture.PNG

--
Paige Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Thanks, @ChrisHemedinger, while I was researching this on Google, I saw lots of references to Font Awesome, but I didn't realize they were being used here.

However, I have tried

• Clearing the cache -- didn't work
  • resetting IE 11 to it's defaults -- didn't work
  • logged out of my Windows account on my computer, and logged back on -- didn't work
  • shut down the computer and rebooted -- this works!

Everything is fine now.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

I'm running Explorer11 for this response and see the entire icon row.

I also have the Rich Text default settings. I have seen that sometimes there is a considerable time delay before the widow finishes establishing itself and the icons seem to appear rather willy-nilly before they all appear.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Yes I have Rich Text as my default, but even if I leave the screen untouched for 5 minutes, the icons don't appear 😞

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The icons in the toolbar (except for the SAS code icon) are actually NOT icon image files, but reference a special font from a site called FontAwesome.  This isn't a recent change for the communities site, and it's a provider that is free and used by lots of websites.  It's possible that your organization has a firewall rule that blocks this, or maybe your version of IE isn't processing the style rule that brings the font in (my IE instance is working).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Thanks, @ChrisHemedinger, while I was researching this on Google, I saw lots of references to Font Awesome, but I didn't realize they were being used here.

However, I have tried

• Clearing the cache -- didn't work
  • resetting IE 11 to it's defaults -- didn't work
  • logged out of my Windows account on my computer, and logged back on -- didn't work
  • shut down the computer and rebooted -- this works!

Everything is fine now.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation