BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

When I have posted a code segment with the "little running man" icon, and need to edit that after I already posted, I have noticed that added linefeeds will not end up in the final display. Instead I have to copy/paste the code back into EG, remove the whole code window from the post, open a new one, and then copy/paste the edited code there. Maybe there's something the admins can do about that.

My browser (if that is the culprit) is PaleMoon, a fork of Firefox.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The best way to edit a code segment (the "standard" one or the SAS code one) is to position your cursor in the code block, then click the toolbar button (to bring up the separate window again).  Add your lines in that window, then close.  They will be retained.

Editing the code block "in place" doesn't capture the formatting properly.  

@RW9 - I'd like to hear more about your experience with the SAS code display.  We have the ability to change that a little bit (formatting/appearance/colored keywords), so your feedback is important.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

To be honest, I only ever use the {i} version, the Insert SAS code button window I never liked, and has various odd things about it.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The best way to edit a code segment (the "standard" one or the SAS code one) is to position your cursor in the code block, then click the toolbar button (to bring up the separate window again).  Add your lines in that window, then close.  They will be retained.

Editing the code block "in place" doesn't capture the formatting properly.  

@RW9 - I'd like to hear more about your experience with the SAS code display.  We have the ability to change that a little bit (formatting/appearance/colored keywords), so your feedback is important.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sorry, fairly long time ago since I used it.  I always use {i} now.  TBH not sure why we need two different options anyways.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation