BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

The statistics shown on top of this community give good information.

My questions:

- is it possible to pull raw data for these statistics from somewhere?

- could a new tab be added that shows the average time from initial post to accepted solution, for those threads where a solution was accepted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

We haven't been great about updating the stats here -- but trust us, they are awesome.

Oh, don't want to take our word for it? Fine, we'll get them updated so that you can see for yourself.

As far as getting the data -- we can supply some "sanitized" version of the data if you want to play around.  Let us know what interests you and I'll see what I can do.  Regarding the "time to reply" or "time to solve", we do have that.  Here's an example of the distribution of timings of the correct reply only for those topics that have a solution marked.  As you know, not all topics get a solution marked as such, so this doesn't count those (but it probably should...).

time_to_correct_reply

Percent

Cumulative
Percent

5 minutes

15 minutes

30 minutes

60 minutes

4 hours

8 hours

1 day

2 days

> 2 days

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

We haven't been great about updating the stats here -- but trust us, they are awesome.

Oh, don't want to take our word for it? Fine, we'll get them updated so that you can see for yourself.

As far as getting the data -- we can supply some "sanitized" version of the data if you want to play around.  Let us know what interests you and I'll see what I can do.  Regarding the "time to reply" or "time to solve", we do have that.  Here's an example of the distribution of timings of the correct reply only for those topics that have a solution marked.  As you know, not all topics get a solution marked as such, so this doesn't count those (but it probably should...).

time_to_correct_reply

Percent

Cumulative
Percent

5 minutes

15 minutes

30 minutes

60 minutes

4 hours

8 hours

1 day

2 days

> 2 days

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Thank, you @ChrisHemedinger!

The reason for my question is that I was invited by SAS Austria to give a presentation about the SAS Communities in their periodic SAS Club. I wanted to give them a feel for how quickly problems get solved here.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Excellent to hear you're presenting SAS Communities info, @Kurt_Bremser! Note that the metrics have now been updated on the Community Matters page, along with a Community Memo post with some explanation.

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation