BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If posting something like "drop=_: )" without a blank between the column and the closing bracket the code posted gets converted into a Smiley.

proc transpose data=have out=transp(drop=_:) prefix=Gift; var gift; by id; run;

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Seen that behavior of creating a smiley out of some text more (like Word).  http://apps.timwhitlock.info/emoji/tables/unicode

Yes it happens what is the issue?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
LainieH
Community Manager

@Patrick, have you tried the SAS syntax editor (running man icon)? Or, do you mean that you want to be able to post a small snippet of code without it turning into a smiley - which I can understand.  I will see if there is a way to prevent this but we recommend the SAS Syntax Highlighter for blocks of code. If you have more details let me know.  

Best regards, 

Lainie

ballardw
Super User

Seem a bit of overkill to have to use a separate editor to correct a minor spelling issue or on a small like of code such as

(keep = var:) which will show the smiley and since I don't generally but a space at the end of a variable list in a keep data set option...

LainieH
Community Manager

Hey there.. I spoke with @ChrisHemedinger and we were able to "turn off emoticons within preformatted text" in the admin tool.  I am wondering if this helped? Talk with you soon, Lainie

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

My 2 cents. I've turned off smileys in my Preferences page. They don't add anything.  In the early days of email people used *grin*, *kidding*, *smile*, and other text instead of cute, yellow, smiling, winking, spinning, rotating, flying, laughing graphical images. 

Somehow we managed to convey the sentiment just fine. *smile*

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation