BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Suppose I make a post, then afterwards I decide I want to make a change, I go back in and edit the existing post, and when using the "Insert SAS Code" icon/function, new carriage returns that I insert during my edit do not appear as carriage returns when I complete my edits and click on Post. I have observed this a number of times now in different threads.

Example:

Message 6 of https://communities.sas.com/t5/ODS-and-Base-Reporting/changind-the-columns-appearance-in-proc-report...

Here's the Edit view, note that PROC REPORT has four lines, the line that says "define type/across;" (and preceding carriage return) was added during the latest edit, and appears in the Edit view to have proper carriage returns.

Capture.PNG

Then I click on Post, and this is how it appears, the carriage return in front of define type/across; is gone

Capture2.PNG

--
Paige Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@PaigeMiller When adding or editing a code block, even for something minor like inserting a line, you must use the toolbar button ({i} or "running man") to bring up the separate window and make the change.  From your description it sounds like you did that, but the symptom you describe happens when you don't -- when instead you try to simply make the change inline within the message editor.

It's a confusing nuance of the editor, I know.  I don't have a workaround, but here's hoping that it's a bit better when we update to our responsive design.  Also, we expect some other improvements for the message editor from our communities platform service provider -- later this year.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@PaigeMiller When adding or editing a code block, even for something minor like inserting a line, you must use the toolbar button ({i} or "running man") to bring up the separate window and make the change.  From your description it sounds like you did that, but the symptom you describe happens when you don't -- when instead you try to simply make the change inline within the message editor.

It's a confusing nuance of the editor, I know.  I don't have a workaround, but here's hoping that it's a bit better when we update to our responsive design.  Also, we expect some other improvements for the message editor from our communities platform service provider -- later this year.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@ChrisHemedinger wrote:

@PaigeMiller When adding or editing a code block, even for something minor like inserting a line, you must use the toolbar button ({i} or "running man") to bring up the separate window and make the change. 

Can you clarify this?

When I perform a later edit on a previously created post, the text in question is already in the "running man" box (because that's how I created the original post), and I edit it. I don't click on "running man" again. Are you saying I should click on the "running man" icon even though the text in question is already in the "running man" box?

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Exactly.  As I said, it's confusing.  It's been this way for a long time (years) -- but I'm hoping it will improve when we make our updates.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Oh. Well that works. 

--
Paige Miller
jbighitter
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Chris,

I'm new to the community and am attempting to load a question.  The page tells me to "Please select a board to continue" and won't allow me to post.  I don't see a place on the page to select a board.  When search for the word "board" only the above statement is highlighted.

I've tried in Chrome and IE.  Both provide the same response.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Jeff

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @jbighitter,

I'll jump in here and help. Simply place your cursor in the field that says "Select a board" and a variety of options appear. If you continue to have trouble, please let us know.

Best,

Shelley

sirapolw
Calcite | Level 5

the field that says select a board is not present on the web page

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Apologies for the late reply, @sirapolw. Once you start asking a question, it should appear. Please let me know if that is not the case.

Thanks,
Shelley

arnoldseth9412
Calcite | Level 5

I am having the same issue. Where is this "Board" option supposed to pop up exactly? 

Scott177
Calcite | Level 5

I faced this same issue when i tried posting my question through Google Chrome. So i have tried a different browser(Microsoft Edge) and it worked. The board option is there under the question headline.

Tesera
Obsidian | Level 7

I can see select a board when replying but I dont have the same option when asking question. What can be the problem?

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I am a bit confused as to why you see "select a board" when replying to a post. At that point you are already on the board you need to be on. Could you share a screen shot of that behavior?

Also, you may need to try different browsers as some members have noted above. On the home page, you should see this:

pick your board.jpg

Once you click on it, you should get this:

select a board.jpg

Please let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Best,

Shelley

Tesera
Obsidian | Level 7

It looked like this: Snímka.JPG

There wasn't an option for selecting a board. I tried different browsers too. I somehow managed to post a question. But it's really confusinf for the first time poster.

PadmaroopaK
Fluorite | Level 6
How did you post your question finally? I am still having the same board issues.
Thanks,
Padma

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 11 in conversation