02-02-2018 01:15 PM
I trust a lot of us are keenly waiting for the launch of Data Management Solutions Using SAS® Hash Table Operations: A Business Intelligence Case Study by authors Paul Dorfman and Don Henderson.
1. Has anybody seen the preview yet?
2. If yes, does it narrate from the very basic to advanced real world examples or is it more suited for advance users?
3. Would it be available on safarionlinebooks pay as you go version?
4. Any possible discounted price for college students?
5. Does it emphasize heavily on managing memory or more on the complexity of hash applications. I am asking this because Memory investment is increasingly becoming cheaper and readers would prefer more content on the latter.
Thank you & Regards
02-05-2018 08:40 AM
02-05-2018 08:55 AM
WRT @1, all the Chapters have been sent out for review by the SAS Press folks. This was done in two phases. We are awaiting that feedback on the second set of chapters.
WRT #2, the examples center around analyzing data similar to the baseball Game Day data. Both simple and more advanced examples are included.
WRT #3 and 4, the book will be available via SAS Press. So someone from there will have to answer that question.
WRT #5, there is one chapter where memory management is covered. And regarding of the price of memory, it is not unusual to get to a point where memory management becomes important. Most of the examples center around problems like what @hashman and I have encountered in a number of projects.
02-05-2018 12:23 PM
02-06-2018 12:01 PM
The SAS Press folks said that there will be student discount. Details here: https://support.sas.com/en/books/discounts.html
It will also be available on Safari as an ebook with their subscription service.
And here is the current outline for the book (subject to change). The book will be organized into 5 parts.