BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I need to create flag for below logic in SAS SDTM AE Domain. Could you please help me with the logic.

if aestdtc<rfstdtc  and patient has another record with same AEDECOD and AETERM , and AESEV increased need to flag as Y.

I'm new to sas need a sample code for this logic.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 REPLY 1
Astounding
PROC Star

Presumably you have a variable representing the date.  You would need to put the data in the proper order first:

proc sort data=have;

by patient aedecod aeterm date;

run;

Then check your conditions:

data want;

set have;

by patient aedecod aeterm;

prior_severity = lag(aesev);

if first.aeterm=0 and (aesev > prior_severity) and (aestdtc < rfstdtc) then flag='Y';

drop prior_severity;

run;

As someone relatively new to SAS, there are several topics you will need to learn, to understand the program.  Start with the addition of a BY statement following the SET statement.  It's something you will use regularly.

First, however, see if this flags the observations that you are hoping to flag.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation