BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MelissaMartinez_SAS
SAS Employee

Welcome to the SAS Clinical Data Integration forum at SAS Communities! I'm glad you've stopped by. I am excited to have this forum as a place where users can network, share information, ask questions about how different users do tasks within CDI, and get connected with the many users we have throughout the world.

To get started, please introduce yourself! What's your name? Where do you work? What is your role as a CDI user or administrator? What is your background? What's your favorite kind of music?

Thanks for stopping by!

~Melissa

4 REPLIES 4
MelissaMartinez_SAS
SAS Employee

I'll get started. I am Melissa Martinez, Senior Health and Life Sciences Industry Consultant at SAS. I have been using CDI for about three years, and I've done just about every task you can think of with the product. I have used it to do "real work" for some of our clients, mapping domains for live clinical studies. I have set up new environments from a Clinical Administrator perspective, importing new standards, setting up controlled terminology packages, defining default content, and setting up the folder structure. I've designed permissions models for CDI installations. I've created custom data standards and custom compliance checks. I've installed and re-installed CDI on simple, single-box and complex, multiple-server installations. I have migrated CDI installations from one version to another. There's always something new to learn about CDI, as with all SAS products, but I've seen a lot by now!

I have been with SAS for a little over 3 years in my current role. Before this, I worked in the pharma industry as a Statistical Programmer for 8 years. I worked first for a very small CRO that focused only on generic drug trials, which was really interesting and fast-paced work. Then I worked for a big CRO, dedicated to a single pharma company. I was the lead programmer (and later a manager) for the program, where we worked on vaccine trials. The vaccine went on to be approved in the US and dozens of countries around the world. I've been proud that my own baby has gotten "my" vaccine!

I like all kinds of music, although I usually gravitate toward alternative/rock. My favorite band ever is Depeche Mode, whom I've been known to travel far and wide to see in concert. Smiley Wink

CathalGallagher
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am Cathal Gallagher.

I am a consultant with d-Wise based in the UK.  I have been using CDI for about 2 and half years in a large pharma company.  My current role involves me writing templates that study programmers then plug their CRF data into and the template has all the code already complete to take this CRF data to SDTM and then to ADaM. I also do a lot of trouble shooting when users find new "features" of CDI.  I am involved in dealing with the issues that arise from the integration between CDI and SDD 3.5.

I like to think of my self as a general programmer and willing to have a go at anything.  I have experience with Java, C++, VB.net and a bit of COBOL

I am base SAS certified, Advanced Certified and I in tend to do my DI certification in the coming year.  Before all this I was a School teacher of computers and Maths.

Music... Its all about the Rolling Stones and AC/DC for me.

I look forward to meeting and working with other CDI programmers. Feele free to reach to me if you have any CDI questions or problems.  I know I will reach out here when I come across some.

Cathal Smiley Happy

pritesh_sas
SAS Employee

Hi I am Pritesh Desai. Soon will complete 2 years in SAS. A former statistical SAS programmer for 9 years. Have been working in CDI for around 1.5 years. Did lot of sas programming in oncology, cancer, neuroscience, diabetes & also worked in area of ophthalmology, virology & gastronomy.

I feel CDI can become the go to environment for IT & Business users to monitor & control drug development environment either internally or through CRO partners.

There is always something new i can learn from my peers & customer alike so looking forward to learn & contribute to the forum

Music, Classical Jazz & bollywood, mostly listening to beethoven, smooth jazz & good old radio for news. Passtime is tinkering & watching a good old fashion mystery series on netflix.

Regards,

Pritesh

lesau
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.  I am Lulu Esau, Business Analyst at Kaiser Permanente in the Central Valley.  I am in the process of getting certified as a SAS programmer...crossing my fingers.  I too like all kinds of music but I have an old soul opting to listen to Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra.  I do not have a favorite band but I love listening to Straight No Chaser and Pentatonix.  My mind was blown away by going to Germany to see Dio in a 3-day open air metal festival.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 in conversation