BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ella2810
Calcite | Level 5

I need to e-sign 200+ file. I have to say I am crazy because I need to click two hundreds of check boxes and choose roles from the drop down menu for 200+ times. I am using SDD 3.4 by the way. Is there any better ways to esign. What I think people normally do under windows system is to select all files that need to sign, then select the role once and click the check box once. Then finish. Does SDD allows people to esign in this way?

6 REPLIES 6
Sandeep_sas
SAS Employee

SDD does allow batch esign provided files are located in the same folder. If they are , you can select multiple files at a time and select Action -> Esign..

Ella2810
Calcite | Level 5

Yes. I can select many files and click action --> esign. So then in the next step, I need to select all the files one by one by clicking the each check box. Also select the role one by one if the default rolel is not what I should sign as. 

Sandeep_sas
SAS Employee

Once you get to esign page, from Actions select ALL and you would already see Default Reason pre-filled. Comment is optional field. As long as you have already established digital signature session, you will be able to sign multiple files at a time.

Ella2810
Calcite | Level 5

Default reason, can it be modified from time to time? The rule would be quite different.

Sandeep_sas
SAS Employee

Yes the default e-signature reeason can be changed via Change Request. Please contact SAS team and they can help you with the process

Ella2810
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your suggestion. But I don't think use change request to modify the default is what end user like me needs. I need to sign as different roles in different projects. It happens from time to time for me to esign as different role for bunches of files. I am just thinking it would be perfect if the user would be able to select default role each time when esign . A drop down list for all selected files seems to be fairly convenient. Thank you for your suggestion. Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation