BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have developed a SAS ETL job on Windows developement environment and deployed it on Test environment on z/OS using FTP.

I observed that when the source code is transferred to z/OS though FTP, all the pipe characters ("||") used in the SAS job for concatenation operation are converted to the unwanted junk characters. (In most of the case by character "@@"). Due to these unwanted characters I am getting error during SAS Job execution. To avoid it, every time I transfer the source code, I need to replace these characters manually.

Is there any way by which we can transfer the SAS sources to z/OS without such character replacements.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards
- Kapil Agrawal
3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Haven't worked with the combination DI Studio and Z/os, A couple a years ago I was in a project where we used Warehouse Administrator (predecessor of DIS), and some jobs were to run on the mainframe. We mainly used SAS/CONNECT with rsubmit and download. A few programs where upload. I guess you either have to adjust your ftp settings, or use SAS/CONNECT if it's available to you.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thnx Linus 🙂
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Two possibilities - one is consider using exclamation instead of vertical bar for concatenation - use !! instead of || with your code. And some might say that it's much easier to get to the ! key than the | key.

Or I know where I needed a TRANTAB for this condition when using IND$FILE or FTP for this type of data transfer situations.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation