BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

It happened several times. I just used copy and paste, while I was working on a file that I had been modifying for long time. The new file was created (a new one, without a name), but my orginal file was closed. I opened the original file again, it was  the old version, saved yesterday, not the current version.

Any idea why this happened? how to find the most updated version of my sas file?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Are you referring to a SAS program file? If so, were you editting it in Base SAS, EG or some other module?

If you have been opening or saving file to different folders you might try looking in the last folder you saved or opened a file from using the menu File>Save As or File>Open Program (in Base Sas). Another possible help in Base SAS woud be set the prefences to keep more files on the recently used file list though that only tracks those opened or saved with the above menu items or the key stroke equivalents such as Alt-F A or Alt-F O.

Save often using Alt-F A might be helpful suggestion until you can get the cause figured out

Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

yes, base sas

when i was writing code, and copying and pasting, i just realized the file was lost, it opened a new file

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation