BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Muyu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I am confused about "%NRBQUOTE", I do not know what is this even after I searched it in sas library.

Can someone please explain it in plain and brief language to me?

I want to know what does it mean and how may I use it.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Muyu
Calcite | Level 5

I mean I just cannot understand what it says in this link...

Sven111
Pyrite | Level 9

Do you understand what %BQUOTE does?  If so %NRBQUOTE does basically the same thing but also masks the characters & and % as well as the ones masked by %BQUOTE.  To be honest, quoting is often a confusing mess to me, I've especially had problems with quoting when I'm working with SAS and Oracle together since Oracle has a completely different quoting facility, and they don't mesh well.  I've often found trial and error to be the best way to get my code to work right in situations like this.

From the documentation:

%NRBQUOTE is most useful when the resolved value of an argument might contain

• strings that look like macro variable references but are not, so the macro processor should not attempt to resolve them when it next encounters them.
  • macro invocations that you do not want the macro processor to attempt to resolve when it next encounters them.

Reeza
Super User

Search the term on LexJansen.com for papers written on the topic.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation