BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
schwartz
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

of course are real numbers not integers, that are real number for (floating). Maybe the complex numbers are better. ...
Never mind you want to give a number as integer, rounded up/down? You could do that before/with the symput

No idea whether it makes logical sense as technical it will work.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----
slchen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Not sure what you want to do, but when you define a array, its subscript should be integer(not include 0), in your case, its  array ep{0:&max}, its include 0 and &max is not integer.

schwartz
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I do not know the analytics design you copied. When the intention of that was only working wiht integers than feeding that with real numbers will be problematic from start. what is what you want to do? Does the code you are using having a fit with that?

Reeza
Super User

The issue was identified - the code uses an array to process data but the parameter you pass into the array is not an integer and it generates an error. I'm going to make a possibly incorrect assumption that you don't understand the program you're using. I would highly suggest you try and understand the program you're using before using it.

I only skimmed your program but I wonder if you shouldn't be using &n instead of &max in your program. It's more common to use the count as an array dimension rather than max...but I have no idea what your code is doing 🙂

schwartz
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

https://support.sas.com/rnd/app/examples/stat/GENMODZIP/roots.pdf  Is this helpfull number of roots vs BAP?

Reeza
Super User
An array does not need integers, but the size of the array must be a whole number.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation