BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nico_jmp
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a table containing a few different experiments A, B, C...that where output Y has been measured. I would like to sort Y in ascending order but not for the whole table, only within each experiment A, B, C...

and get a table like this:

EXP     Measurement Y

A      YA1

A      YA2

A      YA3

B     YB1

B     YB2

B     YB3

(where YA1<YA3<YA3 but YB1 could be anything either bigger or smaller than YA3)

Thank you for any advice!

Oh, and I'd like to include this into a script I have.

N.

5 REPLIES 5
UrvishShah
Fluorite | Level 6

Proc Sort data = test;

by measurement_Y exp;

run;

I think it is simple or i am not to understand your requirement...

-Urvish

esjackso
Quartz | Level 8

Perhaps Im missing something but a a standard proc sort data=your table; by exp measurementY; run; should do what you seek.

EJ

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

As Eric pointed out, there is fairly straightforward solution. However, if we understand you wrong, and what you mean happen to be: 1. EXP stay the order as is 2. Sort measurement_Y with EXP. Then we will probably need some Hash(). If you do mean the latter, please let us know.

Haikuo

Nico_jmp
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I figured out how to do what I needed, was pretty straight forward as you said - Simply needed to have two arguments : By( :column1, :column2 )... Here's what I put in my script:

Data Table( "dt" ) << Sort(

By( :Testing Comments , :MOR ),

Order( Ascending, Ascending ));

Thanks,

N

Reeza
Super User

That looks like JMP code to me.

You may be better posting these types of question in a JMP forum instead. Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation