BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

I used a self defined important format to read ina time variable, but later when I tried to open the data set , I could not open it and got this info in the log:

Informat IMPORTDATETIME not found or couldn't be loaded for variable LOGIN_TIMESTAMP.

I re-run the format code when I imported it, and then I can open the data set. Is there a way to save the informat to overcome this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Yes, store it in a permanent library. Point the fmtsearch global option to that libname.
Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Yes, store it in a permanent library. Point the fmtsearch global option to that libname.
Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If you created that informat just for the cause of importing the data, you don't have to store the variable with the informat specification. Either change your import code, or remove it from the data set using PROC DATASETS.
Data never sleeps
fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you. I will look into proc datasets. 

ballardw
Super User

The SAS option treating that as an error and preventing use of the set is FMTERR.

If you use

Options nofmterr;

you  will get a message in the log about the missing format but can do anything with the set that does not require use of the missing format.

I have that set as a persistent system option because of the occasional dataset I get from other folks with such things and access to the format may not be possible.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation