BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jaheuk
Obsidian | Level 7
dear all,
we are using the macro "update_with_history" already for years (version 2.4 sept 2004).
I was wondering is there is an updated version available regarding loading extra (old) data ??

I found this somewhere
http://bi-ego.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=24&PHPSESSID=4ca5dbb3da63ce344058a6ccbf87993f

and reading the explanation of the parameters this is what i am looking for !!!!
But however i CAN NOT find the sas code !!

Has somebody this updated version??

Regards,
Herman
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
That macro program looks like it is maintained or provided by the owner of the web site.

Did you get a compiled macro? Or do you have the original macro code? If you have the original macro code, you could modify it yourself to make the desired changes. If you only have the compiled macro, then you will need to contact the original provider of the macro program to obtain updates.

cynthia
Jaheuk
Obsidian | Level 7
That is correct.
I made myself a member thinking that then i could see the sas code..... but nothing!!!

So far i have nothing at all !!

Regards,
Herman
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
If you have the current starting source code for the macro program, you could modify the source code yourself and make a new macro program which would operate as desired.

It does not look to me like the macro was ever listed in a user group, SUGI or SAS Global forum paper. Nor does it look like the macro program was written by SAS Institute. Generally, macro programs written by SAS staff are searchable from the support.sas.com web site. Since I did not find a reference to this macro program on support.sas.com or in the SAS documentation, my conclusion is that it's not a SAS-written macro program.

So, you need to find the original author of the macro code. Failing that, your choices are to live with the way the macro operates or change the source code if you have it or write a new macro program.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation