csetzkorn
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I can run  this code fine using a Python kernel:

import saspy
sas = saspy.SASsession()
sas
cars = sas.sasdata('cars', 'sashelp')
cars.head()

Unfortunately, I cannot chose a SAS kernel anymore. I re-installed saspy and the sas kernel and as you can see the sas kernel (?) is working from Python. This:

jupyter kernelspec list

only returns the python kernel. Can I somehow refresh (?) the kernels?

2 REPLIES 2
JasonWoodward
Calcite | Level 5

I just came across this same issue while trying to setup saspy and Jupyter for all users on a computer.  I could see the SAS kernel on one user, but not on the others.  I was able to make it available to all users by finding the kernel in 

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\jupyter\kernels

and copying the sas folder from there into

C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\share\jupyter\kernels

After doing that, I could see the Kernel in jupyter and my test SAS code runs.

csetzkorn
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks. Unfortunately there is no sas kernel in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\jupyter\kernels. i can invoke sas via Python from a Python notebook though. So it must be somewhere?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation