BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alanchow
Calcite | Level 5

it seems my SAS cannot access all folders in the path, i am running sas9.4 on windows10.

in sas9.4, when i run below code:

data _null_;
format x $10000.;
x=sysget('path');
put x=;
run;

it returns full path of various folders: x=C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Connector C 6.1\lib; C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\lib; ......(and other folders' path)

then, in sas, when i run libname mysqllib mysql user=xxxxx .....

return errors:

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to MYSQL cannot be loaded. The libmysql code appendage could not be loaded.
Actually, I already have libmysql.dll under my ...\MySQL\MySQL Connector C 6.1\ (i.e. the 3rd folder in the path)

anyway, i try putting the libmysql.dll under the first folder in path (i.e. C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4;) and run again this "libname mysqllib mysql user=xxx" ..... , it works successfully!

Then i deleted this dll under above \9.4 and now try putting this libmysql.dll in the 2nd folder in path (i.e. C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;), and run this "libname mysqllib mysql user=xxx", it fails again.

So, i doubt SAS cannot successfully load in other folders in the path, except only able to load the 1st folder, am i right?

any suggestion? thanks very much.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

It's hard to see the issue the way you've formatted your question. 

Please include the exact code you've run - mask any details, and the log. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you track this issue to SAS Tech Support if you haven't already done so. The SAS/ACCESS to MySQL configuration instructions for Windows states the MySQL DLL must be in the Windows PATH list, not necessarily the first.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation