BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mona4u
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I want a way to create sas7bdat files which are compatible with version 9.0 

I'm using SAS 9.4 version 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From my experience, extendnobscounter=no should do the trick.

You might get into trouble if your environment is 64-bit, and the client's is 32-bit only. In that case I'd recommend using proc cport/cimport or the xport engine. Which is probably the best solution anyway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mona4u
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I used this option in my sas session when I created the sas data files but I'm not confident enough to send it to the client. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From my experience, extendnobscounter=no should do the trick.

You might get into trouble if your environment is 64-bit, and the client's is 32-bit only. In that case I'd recommend using proc cport/cimport or the xport engine. Which is probably the best solution anyway.

Ksharp
Super User
libname x v6 'c:\temp';
data class;
 set sashelp.class;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation