BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ThomasH
Calcite | Level 5
Hi all,

I've got another one - maybe you can (as always) help.

Environment is SAS 9.2 / The current setup worked for 9.1.

I have encoded a DB2 password with sas002 (proc pwencode) and I store it in the autoexec file that is used upon job execution.

It looks like this:
%Let DBuser= %str(Username);
%Let DBpassw = %str({sas002}AString);

In the Management Console the DB user setup references &DBuser and &DBpassw but what happens in the generated Table Loader code is, that the &DBuser variable is resolved to the correct username but the password is transformed to

password="{sas002}AnotherString"

I found out that AnotherString is the sas002 encoded name(!) of the variable &DBpassw (exactly as entered in the Management Console), so it does not get resolved like the user variable. How is this to be entered correctly into the Management Console?

Thanks a lot!
Thomas Message was edited by: ThomasH
1 REPLY 1
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
have you tried it without that %STR()
?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation