BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User

@LineMoon wrote:

@Kurt_Bremser that does not reply to my question

You can take an example with

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000245965.htm

That's an example of what?

Please take the time to fully explain your questions. This type of back and forth is a waste of time and not productive in any manner, besides people responding 'Go google it' because its that basic. If you can't take the time to ask a question clearly, at some point it's not worth our time to answer it.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@LineMoon wrote:

@Kurt_Bremser that does not reply to my question

You can take an example with

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000245965.htm

If the documentation of a function/call routine does not mention a special SAS module or has a "valid in" restriction, then the function/call routine in question is part of Base SAS and can be used anywhere SAS functions/routines can be used in a syntactically correct way.

BTW testing always trumps everything else. Use a function and look at the log. If you get an ERROR, consult the documentation. If that does not give you a clue, come back with that specific problem here, but don't pester the forum with unspecific and outright silly questions.

Reeza
Super User

Out of curiosity do you think I have that location memorized? No, To find it I would have to search and then post it. You'll do yourself a massive favour learning how to navigate the SAS Docs. I recommend starting with finding the SAS Base functions list and navigating that. Make sure its correct for your version of SAS. If you use 9.4 docs but have SAS 9.2 thats not going to help you. Or SAS has the help menu installed as well. Using the internal doc means it's guaranteed  for your system. 

art297
Opal | Level 21

Could you provide one example, including the code you ran and the error you received?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@art297

It was about the function UPCASE.

It can be  a restrution made by the administrator.

Quentin
Super User

As requested before, please post test code and log that shows the error you are getting.

For example, the below log shows that the UPCASE function works for me.  If you run this code and get and error, please post the full log.  If you've got another example that shows the error, please show the log with code and error.

15   data _null_;
16     myVar="MixedCase";
17     myVar=upcase(myVar);
18     put myVar=;
19   run;

myVar=MIXEDCASE
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Quentin : Thank, I do not have this error.

It can be a restruction made the administrator on some functions.

Please, is it possible to show the functions under restrruction.

Quentin
Super User

I don't know about adminstrator's ways to restrict functions.  Again, please show the log you get when you run a data step that uses a function you believe to be restricted.  The log should show the data step you ran and the error message or warning you get.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
mkeintz
PROC Star

Using SAS is about data analysis.

So please provide the data for your problem - i.e. the event of a sas function failing to be invoked, as reported in a sas log.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@LineMoon wrote:

@Quentin : Thank, I do not have this error.

It can be a restruction made the administrator on some functions.

Please, is it possible to show the functions under restrruction.

There is no way for an admin to restrict the use of functions.

In case you have not yet noticed:

SHOW YOUR LOG!!!

art297
Opal | Level 21

While it would still help if you showed the code you ran and your resulting log, are you using SAS EG? If so, then the following blog article explains how one can view the functions that have been limited by your site administrator: http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2013/01/07/controlling-access-to-custom-tasks-in-sas-enterpris...

HTH,

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@art297 : Thank very much. great

Yes, I use EG. the document  talks about the controlling access "the custom". but I am raaly interssed by the controle setting for one user or group.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Since @ChrisHemedinger wrote that blog, I'm sure he could shed some light on whether regular SAS functions can be restricted and, if so, how a user could identify those that have been restricted. While I'm not an EG user, the blog indicated that by clicking on the "functions" tab, a user would see a list of all restricted functions.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

That blog entry is not about SAS functions, but EG tasks. Two completely different things.

As soon as a user can write and execute SAS code, she can use all Base SAS functions.

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Kurt_Bremser thank you

When I search "EG tasks" on blog, I get the docs belows, sorry I do not find the answer to my question

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/?s=EG+tasks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 8 in conversation