BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SRIVIDYA2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have saved my programs. Now when i open my programs there code is missing. I lost all the program codes except 4 programs. Why it is so like that? How can I retrieve them? plz do help.

Thanks & Regards

Srividya

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Sorry, but how on earth do you thonk that anyone can help, given this limited amount of information?
Data never sleeps
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Which tool are you using?

- SAS University Edition (SAS Studio)

- SAS OnDemand for Academics (SAS Studio hosted in SAS cloud)

- Base SAS Studio in your organization

- SAS Enterprise Guide

- SAS windowing environment ("Base SAS")

All of the tools have automatic backup and recovery for content "in progress", but you should combine these with good practices, such as:

- Name and save your SAS programs as you work on them

- If using SAS Enterprise Guide, save the program files as external files or name and save your SAS Enterprise Guide project (which collects all of your work together)

- Save your work often -- a good practice with any application

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

If your using SAS EG then go to Tools>Options>Project Recovery and check if the Enable Project Recovery is checked or not. If it is checked you can see the location below where the project is recovered. Navigate to that location and see if there is a .EGP or .RCV files in folder or sub folders. If it is .egp then try to open and if it's .rcv then change the extension to .egp and open.

Thanks,
Suryakiran

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation