BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
avbraga
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

So my batch submit is not working. I try running a program in batch mode and I get no log/list. By the way, I’m using SAS 9.2 and there is also SAS EG 4.3 on XP pro.

Here’s how it’s setup under windows explorer:

Under Folder Options -> File Types, the “Details for SAS extension” is being open with “The SAS System for Windows”. When I click into Advanced, go into actions and click edit for “Batch Submit with SAS 9.2”, the Action shows “&Batch Submit with SAS 9.2”. The section called “Application used to perform action” says:

"C:\Program Files\SAS92\SASFoundation\9.2\core\sasexe\sasoact.exe" "%1" -nologo -config C:\PROGRA~1\SAS92\SASFOU~1\9.2\SASV9.CFG

Use DDE is marked.

There’s nothing for “DDE message”.

Application: sasoacct

There’s nothing for “DDE application Not Running”

Topic is set to System

I have tried other combinations for “Application used to perform action” without luck.

What am I missing? Is this an IT issue? Is there anything else I can try to make batch submit work?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

your SAS file associations may not be set correctly.  See

32464 - Registering file types via the SAS File Type Management Tool for SAS® 9.2, SAS® 9.3, and SAS...

for how to reset them.

If that doesn't work, then a call to tech support may be in order.

One thing that has recently cause a lot of us to have "SAS Headaches" is our local IT groups "upgrading" to Java 7 and not telling users that they have done it (particularly bad if the rip out all older versions of Java!).  Pieces of SAS just stop working.  If you open interactive SAS and get an error message about Java, that is the most likely scenario.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

your SAS file associations may not be set correctly.  See

32464 - Registering file types via the SAS File Type Management Tool for SAS® 9.2, SAS® 9.3, and SAS...

for how to reset them.

If that doesn't work, then a call to tech support may be in order.

One thing that has recently cause a lot of us to have "SAS Headaches" is our local IT groups "upgrading" to Java 7 and not telling users that they have done it (particularly bad if the rip out all older versions of Java!).  Pieces of SAS just stop working.  If you open interactive SAS and get an error message about Java, that is the most likely scenario.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

avbraga
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Doc@Duke,

the instruction in the link did the trick. Batch submit works now. I appreciate the heads up on Java updates.

Thank you for your assistance!

Alex

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation