BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

I used to a batchrun file to include the sas programs to run sequencially and automatically, but in SAS EG (I am using 7.12) I cannot do this. I searched and found some people talking about the schedule project function in EG. Is there another way to do this?

How about write a small program and call each programs to run in this small program? 

4 REPLIES 4
CRAUGO
Calcite | Level 5

In E.G. you can still save your codes apart from the project itself. By doing this, the codes will turn up to be shortcuts (with the characteristic arrow on the codes icon) to the “.sas” files that you will create.

Therefore, once you saved them as independent files you can still edit them using the E.G. and still use a batch file to run them on the order you want them to be executed.

However, on the E.G. you can create this order by linking the codes on the order you need/want. Pointing your mouse on the edge of a code icon, the mouse pointer will change and them, you can create "a link/arrow" to the next code, respecting the order you need. Link them all and press F8 to run them all together. By doing so, the E.G. will start executing from the first one and will list the others on the queue list.

Hope this can be of some help for you.

fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

hi CRAUGO

Thank you. 

for the first method, I need to figure out where the SAS program is. I am running SAS EG on UNIX server, not on windows. 

for the second method, I did not get it. Is it to create a process flow? I did not see any arrow when I put my mouse on the edge of a SAS program icon. 

CRAUGO
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there, let me try to explain:

For the first method, inside the PROGRAM, you must click on "SAVE" and then, choose where you want the SAS program to be saved:

[cid:387b4f62-b16c-4d8c-9719-abaa3ac4a5cb]

You must do it to every program that you wish to run through the batch program. Once you finished saving you are able to create the batch program.

On the second method:

* single click on the program:
[cid:314cf8fc-9b2a-4960-add8-7a83d24a20f6]
* point the mouse cursor on this "line" around the icon, click and drag. A line will appear and then you drag it to the next program icon on the ordered list that you want them to be executed. Ex.:
[cid:3a8741d1-f9fe-4031-93f8-ca70feb6b1cf]
* Things will look like this when you release the mouse button on the next icon:
[cid:ab13d6ee-a05e-4851-b833-6dc76be6e30c]
* Then, when you finish this process, you will have something like this:
[cid:f74a1597-126c-493f-8c82-1db7687bb1cc]
* When you get all the programs "ordered", you can press F8 that all of them will execute in the order you designed.

If you have more doubts, feel free to ask. Hope i can be of some help.
CRAUGO
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, i did attach some images for you.... but all of them became codes.... 😞

i'm still learning to answer on the forum.... i'll get used to

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation