BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I need to know if it is possible to create a delimited variable length 'flat' file which requires a row delimiter other than the standard CRLF (in this case, the row delimiter is 'F3'x, i.e., ascii character 243). Not sure if it matters, but the operating system is Windows.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Consider the TERMSTR option for the FILE statement in a DATA step. Have a look at the SAS support website http://support.sas.com/ and search on the parameter for DOC and other useful references.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Scott, thank you for the suggestion. I looked up termstr in the online docs, and it says:

TERMSTR=specifies the end-of-line character for the file. Use this option to share files between the UNIX and Windows operating environments. Valid values are:

CRLF
Carriage return line feed. Use TERMSTR=CRLF to write Windows formatted files. CRLF is the default.

LF
Line feed. Use TERMSTR=LF to write UNIX formatted files.

NL
New line. Use TERMSTR=NL to write UNIX formatted files.

...it looks like it doesn't give me the option to specify the row delimiter I'm trying to use; just crlf / lf / and nl ...any other thoughts on this?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Sorry for the less-than-useful guidance. Check this comp.soft-sys.sas thread that is similar to yours? Mind any broken URL.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.sas/browse_thread/thread/67f67f471338bca6
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks, Scott!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation