BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sarav
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect SAS9.3 from my dekstop to SAS running in remote server in Unix solaris. Below is the piece of code.

%let server1=<hostname> <port no>;
options comamid=tcp remote=server1;
signon user='xxxx' password='xxxxxx' noscript;

I am trying from my desktop for different user ids just by changing credentials above. It works for few user ids and failing for others.

The user ids for which remote sign on fails are present in Unix box and able to login through putty.

Error message is 

ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occurred.
ERROR: Cannot start remote process.
ERROR: Remote signon to SERVER1 canceled.

Any suggestion what could be the issue? Is there any specific set up required at Unix box for users to remote signon from desktop?

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

All users must be set up with valid and current Solaris userids. That's the first thing to check.

If it is working for some userids then your signon process must be OK.

sarav
Fluorite | Level 6

User ids are setup and able to login using putty/SSH. same user id tried to remote signon using SAS is not working

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Check the permissions of a userid that works versus one that doesn't. Also login into a remote session via putty with a userid that doesn't work and try starting SAS from a command line. What happens?

Reeza
Super User

Is there anything in the passwords that are similar. 

In my old company when we added symbols (*) or made it a certain length it wouldn't work Woman Frustrated

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
The message indicates that there's a problem with starting the remote SAS session.
Indeed user rights is the first thing to check. Are your user allowed to weite/create directory in saswork? And sasuser?
Data never sleeps
sarav
Fluorite | Level 6

Issue resolved. Each user has defined temporary work space path in variable TDIR but the path was not available. Once path is created it worked fine.

Thanks everyone for your assistance

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please mark this post as being answered in that case.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation