BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iressa131
Calcite | Level 5

hello I'm fairly new and am trying to designate a libname but keep getting the error:

The path /Users/sana/Desktop/Spring II/LMS/SAS data is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in
the lockdown state.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

the path is copied from the file information and I can see the folder "SAS data" and the dataset I want within it in the side panel under "folder shortcuts" but don't know how to access it. 

here is the code i am using thanks for any help!

LIBNAME LM '/Users/sana/Desktop/Spring II/LMS/SAS data/'; 
proc print LM.hw4q2; 
run;
5 REPLIES 5
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Can you rename your subfolders and replace all spaces (' ') into underscore ('_') ?

If possible do it and check does it fix the problem.

Are you using SAS University Edition ?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

/Users points to a Mac, so I guess you are using SAS UE on that Mac. The ONLY folder you have access to in SAS UE is the shared folder you defined when setting up the virtual machine. You CANNOT access any host-system folders outside this shared folder.

Place your data in the Mac folder you defined as the shared folder, and use /folders/myfolder inside the UE VM.

All this supposes you set up your VM correctly according to the documentation, of course.

Reeza
Super User

The ONLY folder you have access to in SAS UE is the shared folder you defined when setting up the virtual machine. You CANNOT access any host-system folders outside this shared folder.

You can set up multiple shared folders on SAS UE to anywhere on your desktop, including a DropBox or OneDrive folder.

Then you access it as:

'/folders/myshortcuts/NAME'

where NAME is the name you provided in the set up in Oracle VirtualBox. 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you can see the path in the GUI file explorer tool in SAS/Studio then right click on it and select PROPERTIES and you will see that path that SAS can use to reference it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation