BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stephane
Quartz | Level 8
hi

I'd to redirect the remote work while I'm connecting to a server with SAS/Connect signon.

I'd like specify a remote work for a user or a group, an another work for an another user or a group.

But the sasv9.cfg I call with my local session cannot interacte with the starting sesson on the server.

any helps ?
7 REPLIES 7
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Possibly, using LIBNAME and then setting OPTIONS USER=;

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Using Data Libraries - user libref discussion:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/61924/HTML/default/usedatalibs.htm#userlibref

LIBNAME statement
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/61908/HTML/default/connreflibdictent.htm

Library Names - search for discussion on SAS/Connect:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrcon/61722/HTML/default/a000986902.htm
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
Sorry Stephane, I am not following you. Can you rephrase?
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
I guess you could exploit the CSCRIPT option of the the SIGNON command.

CSCRIPT will allow you to specify a remote host script which is responsible for connecting/launching the sas session on the remoter server.

From this script you could use the -work command line option, which redirects the libname work to the specified .

You could setup different scripts with different paths for different users.

Check this example for a sign-on script on the UNIX platform (look for [7] for the sas invoke):

http://www.colostate.edu/Services/ACNS/swmanuals/sasdoc/sashtml/comm/z0381712.htm

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
when you assign a library to libref USER, all single level data set names ( memname rather than libname.memname) will be read from, or written to that USER library.
A neat trick uses this combined with library concatenation.[pre] libname elsewher 'somewhere else' ;
libname user ( elsewher work ) ;[/pre]After this code, any datasets already written to the WORK library are available as one-level names and new data sets created will be written into ELSEWHER.

Stephane,
does this technique provide what you need?

PeterC
Stephane
Quartz | Level 8
Hi all,

Yes Daniel, I wanted to provide a specific work for my team 1 and another one for the team 2. The easiest way to do that is :

In the TCPWIN.scr I change the TYPE line that asks the connexion to the server.

Instead of the common line : type 'sas -device grlink -nosyntaxcheck' LF;

you put : type 'sas -device grlink -nosyntaxcheck -WORK "\\Myserver\sasfiles\saswork" ' LF;

Where \sasfiles\saswork will be the root the SAS temporary files.

I change by this way the -SASUSER option and then I send to the team 1 the TCPWIN_1.SCR with a -WORK location for it and I send to the team 2 the TCPWIN_2.SCR with a -WORK location for it.

Stéphane. Message was edited by: Stephane
Stephane
Quartz | Level 8
Hi

next question

I'm still with my Foundation installation and I use usual interface to work remotely but also Guide 4.
SEG doesn't use the tcpwin so do you have an idea to do the same thing (ie. redirect work) ?

I thought to modify sasv9.cfg on the server but I'm wondering if you know to do differently.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Recommend opening a new post for each new query, rather than piggy-back. If necessary, post a link back to a related post.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation