BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iressa13
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello so I was working on a project and stepped away from my computer for an hour and came back to realize I hadnt saved my work. I had barely started so it didn't matter but when I typed in the same commands as I had earlier in order to import data I'm getting an error message that reads "library name is not assigned". I am new to SAS so since I got it to work the first time I took a screenshot for reference so I know I am typing everything exactly as I did the first time. I played around and tried using different libnames with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Does it have to do with that I already did all this earlier? I see the message that the physical loction is the same as "mylib" which is one of the names libnames i played around with when it wasnt working. I've uploaded both the screenshot I took before losing the work and the error message. I have a project due soon so thank you for any help!Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 7.27.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-29 at 10.46.33 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Library assignment is for P1 and then in the next step the library used is biostats.

You should also define biostats libname.

iressa13
Fluorite | Level 6

ahh it worked thank you so much. So simple but very confusing when you're new to all this:)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation