BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
asimraja
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm trying to execute a pass-through query for Netezza. (see my code snippet below) but I'm getting the an error (see below).

I'm able to run this query without any issues in a Netezza SQL client. Can you please guide me what could be the issue? Thank you very much in advance!

Code:

====

proc sql;
connect to Netezza(server = ***** database = **** user = **** password = ****);
create table temp_loan_ds as
select * from connection to Netezza
(
select *
from portfolio_instrument pi
join payment_structure ps on
(pi.portfolio_date = ps.portfolio_date
and pi.portfolio_id = ps.portfolio_id
and pi.instrument_id = ps.instrument_id
and pi.instrument_key = ps.instrument_key)
where pi.portfolio_date = &portfolio_dt.
and pi.fnm_ln_id in ('1234')
);
disconnect from Netezza;
quit;

;

Error

====

ERROR: CLI cursor extended fetch error: Numeric value out of range : Numeric value out of range : Numeric value out of range : Numeric value out of range : Numeric value out of range : Numeric value out of range

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Not exactly what you're doing but it could be something along the line of http://support.sas.com/kb/50/236.html

For testing purposes: Instead of using macro variable &portfolio_dt. use the value of this macro var hard coded as a string to ensure that this bit is working as expected.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation