BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mano
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Please find the attached document and let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You did not show your destination of interest? The STYLE= overrides that you use indicate that you must be using ODS, but you do not show ODS statements in your code. Also, your code uses LISTING options such HEADLINE and HEADSKIP and SPACING and WIDTH=, but those options do not work with ODS, so I am confused by your code. What is your destination of interest?  If you want LISTING solutions, that is one set of options. If you want ODS output (such as HTML, RTF or PDF, that is another set of options.

I am not sure that you want to see. Output from a LINE statement spans the whole table, not just the first visible column in the table. So you are left justifying that string. It will appear differently in the LISTING window than using HTML or other ODS destinations. You also left justify LABEL2, if you want LABEL2 centered, you should alter your code from just=l to just=c for ODS destinations. LISTING has other centering options, but you cannot center the header separately from the column in LISTING.

As for other possible alignment issues, your alignment instructions, such as the ones you specify in STYLE= overrides will NOT work in the LISTING window. Again, without more information from you, it's

Also, your code has reference to COL3, but your data does not have COL3, so are you sure that your code runs?

cynthia

mano
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia ,

Thanks for you r reply. Above shown is only a part of my dataset, so dont worry about col3.

My desired output is listing. I am not very confident on proc report, so i think it is a mistake to use both ODS options and listing options.

Also I was centering header part and left alligning values part--as you  said, i understood we cannot do it in listing.

I got to learn useful information from you..Thank you very much for your info.

If you can recommend any article for PROC REPORT ,it will be of great help.

regards,

Mano.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The best "articles" for PROC REPORT are the documentation topics that deal with PROC REPORT. If you do only want LISTING, then you are correct, there is no point in using the ODS STYLE= options -unless- you are submitting this from Enterprise Guide and have turned on RTF or HTML, etc output as well as Text (LISTING) output.

There is an older document that may help you with LISTING-only options. It is "Technical Report P-258" -- it was written back in the day when LISTING was all that was available, so you will find nary a trace of ODS in that document. Here's the URL for it: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/v82/techreport_p258.pdf It is a "golden oldie" in the documentation world, since it pre-dates ODS. I still have my paper copy!

Otherwise, a Google search should net you many user group papers on the topic. However, pretty much anything after Version 8 will talk about ODS and PROC REPORT instead of just LISTING and PROC REPORT. (Just be warned that when you DO need to use ODS, the LISTING options will NOT work as they do in LISTING destination.)

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation