BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
buddha_d
Pyrite | Level 9

SAS gurus,

Could you please direct me to a paper or material that explains clearly about the combinations of class variables that I can use for an analysis using types() statement in proc means. 

I don't have a clear understanding of this. If anyone have any thoughts please share.

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
skyvalley81
Obsidian | Level 7

This is one good paper that I found useful and explains quite well the use of TYPES and WAYS statements

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2008/087-2008.pdf

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Suppose you have a number of classification variables, for example age, gender, country

And then you want means (and other statistics optionally) classified by specific age/gender/country combinations

you could use TYPES AGE GENDER*COUNTRY COUNTRY;

so that you get the means by AGE, means by GENDER and COUNTRY combination, and means by COUNTRY.

--
Paige Miller
buddha_d
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Paigemiller for the explanation. I know that much, but how to determine which one needs to go in for the analysis, that was my question. 

thanks skyvalley81 for the article.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation