BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bits
Fluorite | Level 6
Im using SAS 9.0 for practicing SAS tutorials.. as im trying to import .xlsx file using proc import but it shows log error.... I'd written something like...
Proc import datafile="C:/desktop/data.xlsx
Out=work.sample
Dbms=xlsx
Replace;
Getnames=yes;
Run;
Im using bit old sas version...is this a reason for showing error... If it is so then plz give me a solution for this so that i can import excel file easily...
Thanks in advance..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

9.0 is really very old and lacks any support for the newer xlsx format. The simplest ways is to save the Excel data as csv and import that with a data step.

bits
Fluorite | Level 6
I'd also done the same...just changed the extension of file from .xlsx to .csv but didn't worked out for me...is there any other possible solution for this..?
bits
Fluorite | Level 6
How to do it..?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation