BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sydneylh
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS 9.4. I have a factorial design for my experiment to try and establish common milkweed into a landscape using two main effects of: mowed plots vs unmowed plots, each of the main plots is divided into three sub-plots using three different rates of herbicide to suppress the grass in the landscape: a control rate, a low rate, and a high rate of glyphosate, and within the subplots I have four sub-subplots each with different milkweed seed densities: a control, a low density, a low density + mid-june mowing, and a high density. I am wanting to analyze the presence of common milkweed seedlings based seedlings being present or absent only. It runs fine up through the proc print data code; however once I try to run the Proc glimmix portion of the code it does not converge and I am needing help with trying to fix this so it converges. I attached my data excel file if that is useful in trying to help me. 

Here is the code I have been trying to run:

* Import the data;
proc import out = seedling_counts
datafile = '/folders/myfolders/AES Consulting/Lizotte-Hall, Sydney/Data/Aug2016counts.xlsx'
dbms = xlsx
replace;
getnames = yes;
datarow = 2;
run;

* Create a absense/presense variable for seedlings;
data seedling_counts;
set seedling_counts;
if seedling_counts > 0 then seedling_present = 1;
else seedling_present = 0;
run;

* Print the data;
proc print data = seedling_counts;
run;

proc glimmix data = seedling_counts plots = residualpanel;
class mowing herb seed rep;
model seedling_present = mowing herb seed rep / dist = binary link = logit;
random rep*mowing*herb;
lsmeans herb / diff;
run;

1 REPLY 1
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I wonder if you can re-state the Random statement to make it more efficient. This paper by the SAS/STAT statisticians may provide tips on how to improve the specification of the model: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/SAS6403-2016.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation