BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KK_QQ
Calcite | Level 5

I used the below code to create permanent format using university edition, the log has no problem. 

proc format library=orion.MyFmts cntlin=country;
run;

But I can't see the catalog create under the orion, I deleted the library=orion.MyFmts, it still doesn't create format catalog uner work.

I don't know whehter it's because of university editon. can anyone help? Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

Library are single level so try including only Orion after library, not Orion.myfmt

See examples here

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/library/formats.htm

KK_QQ
Calcite | Level 5
It's not working either if only including Orion. It suppose create format catalog.
Reeza
Super User

What does not working mean? 

Do you get errors? If so, post the log. 

Reeza
Super User

@Reeza wrote:

Library are single level so try including only Orion after library, not Orion.myfmt

See examples here

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/library/formats.htm

My bad, catalogs are referenced in the manner used, ie libname.catalog_name

Reeza
Super User

I'm also not sure SAS UE shows catalog, so check for the presence using PROC datasets. 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Are you sure your input control dataset is in the proper format for creating formats? 

What happens if you just define you formats using a VALUE statement instead?

KK_QQ
Calcite | Level 5

Actually, it does create the format catalog, when using below code

proc format library=orion.MyFmts fmtlib;
select $country;
run;

proc format library=orion.MyFmts fmtlib;
select $country;
run;

you can see the results. And when you used the format, it works. But just can't show up under the liberary. 

Astounding
PROC Star

Format libraries use a default catalog name.  You are overriding that by specifying the two-level name.  When creating the format, just specify library=orion, instead of library=orion.MyFmts and that should put the new format into the default library.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation