BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am using BASE SAS 64bit on windows 7  64bit and  Microsoft Office 32 bit and  have PC File Server 32bit installed. Everything worked fine  till I installed SAS Microsoft Office addin.

Now when I am  trying to access an "access"  table

LIBNAME mylib pcfiles PATH="&location\xyz..accdb";

I am receiving errors:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General

error Unable to open registry key Temporary (volatile) Ace DSN for process 0x182c Thread

0x1828 DBC 0x2e47fd4 Jet'.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I am wondering if the add-in caused this? Anyone with similar problem  or any ideas/suggestions please?

thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Why do you have two periods in there?

LIBNAME mylib pcfiles PATH="&location.\xyz.accdb";

might work better. The dot with a macro variable should be after the macro variable not at the extension (unless that is where you are using a macro variable).

Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9
Sorry.i just made up the path and thats not the issue
ballardw
Super User

@Tal wrote:
Sorry.i just made up the path and thats not the issue

When posting errors it is best to post the CODE with the error from the log. If macro values are involved the turn on the option MPRINT before running the code. The copy and past the code and error from the log into a code box opened using the forums {I} icon to preserve any formatting of error messages. The message windows will reformat text to remove leading spaces and such an may make certain diagnostics that SAS places with some error messages less meaningful.

If you show the actual code run then artificially induced errors such as posting a file name with ..accdb would not have to be questioned. Note that the content of your macro variable is still a possible issue. If you generate the same error without the macro variable then show the code and messages from log without the macro variable.

Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

i am just trying  to access  the "Access" Database

LIBNAME mylib pcfiles PATH="&loctbls\&date1\Canada_Life\new_&date1..accdb";

Nothing is  wrong with the  libname statement as  I' ve  run it many times before  I installed the  SAS Microsoft Office Add-in

Now  after I installed  the add in after running the  libname above  I receive the error  posted in my  previous post

I goggled the error and the info I  get is  pc file server not installed and I do have it installed  so I was  wondering if there is some  conflict between the add in and  the  pc file server which some  of  you might  have experienced

error_prone
Barite | Level 11
The message "Unable to open registry key Temporary..." reminds me of an error we always have on fresh sas installation on windows server with access to pcfiles. One problem note brought the solution: in the registry access rights had to be extended for and odbc-entry. Sorry, can't remember details right now.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation