BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Cruise
Ammonite | Level 13

Particular sas dataset not shown in the Explorer Contents while other datasets appear with no problem. I just downloaded the SAS data from the website and I wonder if you guys had occured with the same problem too? Screenshot is the properties of the data not shown under Explorer Contents in my SAS 9.4.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your time.

sas not shown.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

The first thing that strikes me is that hyphens are not valid in SAS data set names so a name like ctcodes-drugs can't have been created by SAS. Have you renamed the file outside SAS because that would explain why it's not being shown in the Explorer window?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

The first thing that strikes me is that hyphens are not valid in SAS data set names so a name like ctcodes-drugs can't have been created by SAS. Have you renamed the file outside SAS because that would explain why it's not being shown in the Explorer window?

Cruise
Ammonite | Level 13
Solved the problem. Dataset popped up once it's renamed without a hyphen. Good catch!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation