BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ilker
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I tried to fit some tree taper equations by using nonlinear mixed effect modeling and I want to use %nlinmix sas macro,

but I have some sas errors, my sas code:

%nlinmix(Data=hizlidestek,

response=z,

subject=ano,

Model=%str(

S=k*((d**2)*(1+((((1-(y))**((a+u1)))-((1-(t))**((a+u1))))/(1-((1-(t))**((a+u1)))))));

),

parms=%str(a=88.0063
b=
c=
0.7048  o=2.3379),

random=u1,

Expand=0, 

)

Run;

first error code:

WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro NLINMIX not resolved.
2434  run;

2436  %nlinmix(Data=hizlidestek,

ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

what is the wrong this sas macro code, why can this sas code not study, is there any idea for this problem,

very much thanks to answers....

Dr. İlker ERCANLI

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Did you follow the instructions in this note? 25032 - %NLINMIX macro to fit nonlinear mixed models? According to the instructions, you have to 1) download the .SAS program and store it in a location on your system or server; 2) use a %INC statement to include the .SAS program so it will be compiled and stored in the WORK.SASMACR catalog; 3) then invoke the macro using the %NLINMIX invocation. If you log off between #2 and #3, then you will not have to download again, but you will have to recompile the macro code before you can run it. Your error message indicates that the macro code was not found. If you followed the instructions in the Tech Support note and are still having issues, then you should contact Tech Support for more help.

cynthia

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Dr. Ercanli,

Have you considered using PROC NLMIXED, rather than the nlinmix macro?  Many of the issues with the macro (convergence, model expression) have been resolved in NLMIXED.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation