DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

need to run this regression repeatedly from a dataset that contains 600 variables (var1....var600)

Contributor

need to run this regression repeatedly from a dataset that contains 600 variables (var1....var600)

Dear all,

I have this logistic regression model and would like to extract the p value of the interaction term "drug*var1".

proc glm data=test;

model bodyweight = drug var1 drug*var1;

run;

Problem is I need to do this 600 times because there are var1, var2, var3.....  .... var600.  Any thoughts appreciated!!

Raymond

Respected Advisor

Re: need to run this regression repeatedly from a dataset that contains 600 variables (var1....var60

[ Edited ]

Transpose the 600 variable to observations with and BY variable that IDs them.  Then run your program with BY statement.

Contributor

Re: need to run this regression repeatedly from a dataset that contains 600 variables (var1....var60

thanks for the quick reply

not sure if I understand fully and I have attached the screen shots of dataset and the transposed screenshot.

can u be more specific how to plug variable names into this regression model?

proc glm data=transposed;

model bodyweight= drug var1 drug*var1

run;

transposed.pngdataset.png
Respected Advisor

Don't show screen shots.  Include example data in your post that can me copied and pasted into a program.

Contributor

thanks again.

the dataset (call it dataset1) looks like this

var1 var2 var3
patient1 10 1 1000
patient2 0 2 1400
patient3 30 3 1300
patient4 40 4

after transposing it (call it dataset2), it looks like this and I added varname as the header

varname patient1 patient2 patient3 patient4
var1 10 0 30 40
var2 1 2 3 4
var3 1000 1400 1300 1600

How do I plug the variables (var1....var3) into the regression model?

thanks

Respected Advisor

Run this example and study how it works.

proc transpose data=sashelp.class out=class;
   by name age sex;
   var height weight;
   run;
proc sort data=class;
   by _name_;
   run;
proc print;
   run;
proc glm;
   by _name_;
   class sex;