A11     Ram    50    C

A11     Ram    50    C

A11      Hari    60    B

C22     Priya    70   B

C33    Ram    60   B

D44    Hari    80   A

D44    priya   90   A

I want to write a query with below condition

“If class dataset contain any duplicate with Rollno then send a email with duplicate data details otherwise do not sent any email if data is not duplicate in Class dataset .”

Please help me write the query.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
PriyaSaha
Calcite | Level 5

In above CLASS data set, data should not be duplicate by Rollno .If it is duplicate then send a email with duplicate dataset to email id.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I'm shocked KurtBremser, using SQL when base would do :smileyconfused:

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Did that mainly as a mental experiment, to see if I could get it right. Got to firmly embed the dupout= option in the back of my mind, though. Makes for a nice solution.

hbi
Quartz | Level 8 hbi
Quartz | Level 8

I think your SQL solution is right on target if you want both the duplicate that would have been eliminated along with the duplicate that would have been preserved :smileycool:.

The proc sort solution picks winners and losers (based on sort position), and the first observation wins.

PriyaSaha
Calcite | Level 5

I need a query send email with a set of duplicate data to my email id if there is no duplicate no email.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

proc sort data=have out=want dupout=dups nodupkey;

by rollno;

run;

This will create two datasets - want with no duplicates, and dups with the duplicates.  You can then email or do whatever you want with the dups dataset.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation