BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stateworker
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi. We have just yesterday gotten a new server (Windows 64-Bit) and are having trouble getting things set for our clients to work with the server. We are able to remotely access our data, but our Catalogs / Formats apparently need to have something else done as well as our data sets - see the example from my log where I tried to run something - It will run successfully when I use the options nofmterr;

Any tips for what we need to do for our data sets or catalogs or whatever would be greatly appreciated. I've looked in the help section and see info about PROC CPORT and PROC CIMPORT but didn't really understand how to do that - nor was I wanting to risk messing up the data set in my trial and error without asking first.

If this is the wrong section of the forum, please let me know where a better place might be to ask. We'll likely be calling SAS in the next day or so for help but thought I'd check with you all too.

NOTE: Remote submit to MYNODE commencing.
1 DATA CINDY.FELONS_DEC10;
2 SET CCH.JUD_D2101201 (KEEP=JUD_DLE_NBR JUD_DISP_CD JUD_DISP_DT JUD_CHG_LVL JUD_ADD_DATA );
NOTE: Data file CCH.JUD_D2101201.DATA is in a format that is native to another host, or the
file encoding does not match the session encoding. Cross Environment Data Access will be
used, which might require additional CPU resources and might reduce performance.
3 WHERE JUD_DISP_CD EQ 310 AND JUD_CHG_LVL=1;
4 YEAR=PUT(JUD_DISP_DT, YEAR4.);
5 BYTE27=SUBSTR(JUD_ADD_DATA,27,1);
6 RUN;

ERROR: File FORMATS.CCHFORM.CATALOG was created for a different operating system.
ERROR: File FORMATS.ORI.CATALOG was created for a different operating system.
ERROR: File FORMATS.OFF.CATALOG was created for a different operating system.
ERROR: The format CDISP was not found or could not be loaded.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
WARNING: The data set CINDY.FELONS_DEC10 may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there
were 0 observations and 7 variables.
WARNING: Data set CINDY.FELONS_DEC10 was not replaced because this step was stopped.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
real time 14.33 seconds
cpu time 0.03 seconds

NOTE: Remote submit to MYNODE complete.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You are probably closer than you think on getting there. If NOFMTERR helps than the format catalogs need to be converted and cport and cimport should do the trick. To test convert them to a temporary location and use FMTSEARCH to point to the temporary location.
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello StateWorker,

We had the same problems with 64-bit. Notice, that SAS dataset formats are also changed. Mixing 32-bit dataset with 64-bit one produces a warning about performance decrease.

Also, all compiled macros have to be recompiled under the new environment. 32-bit compiled macro libraries do not work.

Sincerely,
SPR
Ksharp
Super User
Yes.
You are using the datasets created by different OS and SAS ,So Conflict will appear.
There is two methods.

1)use 'proc migrate' to migrate the datasets from previous SAS datasets to current SAS datasets.(Under current SAS environment )

2)At the OS and SAS which created datasets ,use 'proc cport' to make a transported file.
then transfer this transported file to current SAS by FTP or TAPE ......
and Under current SAS environment ,use 'proc import' to change this transported file into datasets with current version of SAS.

Ksharp
stateworker
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for the tips and ideas. We recreated our formats on the new operating system / version of SAS on the server and that seems to have resolved part of our issues. We are attempting to PROC MIGRATE old data sets to see if that will work. However, we are still getting the Cross Environment Data Access notes even when we create new data sets from text files. Do we need to do anything with the text files? Seems like that shouldn't be an issue. I need to read more about CEDA - but mostly just wanted to say thanks for the help! Any other advice / suggestions / experiences / things to look out for would be greatly appreciated!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation