BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ethen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone!

I found the codes named Working with ODS Layout in SAS website.  it looks like it works in that example SAS provided, but it does not appear to move the table farther left than from the center when I set x=.25in in the ODS region line.  however, when I set x=5, it does move the table to near the right edge of the pdf page.

Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated.

ods pdf file = '/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/odslayoutpage.pdf';
ods layout absolute;
ods region y=1in x=.25in;
proc report nowd data=sales4
style(header)={background=cx494068 color=cxbbb2e0};
columns region city sales;
define region / group;
define sales /analysis sum format=dollar14.;
run;
ods layout end;
ods pdf close;

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

My suggestion is that you look at the documentation and for some papers by Dan O'Connor, Pete Lund and Barbara Okerson on the use of ODS LAYOUT. I hardly ever use ABSOLUTE Layout. However, the page margins always come into play and I always use WIDTH=. PROC REPORT will try to center unless you use the NOCENTER option. You didn't post any data, but using SASHELP.SHOES, I was able to get this:

layout_pdf_example.png

Hope it gives you an idea of what to look up in the doc.

Cynthia

Ethen
Calcite | Level 5

Cynthia!

Thank you!  I appreciate your help very much!

Your codes work nicely.  I'll definite take a look at the paper you recommended.

Ethen,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation