BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vonda12
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am trying to use a macro for exploring patterns of missing data but have no idea how macros actually work...

At first, I only used the couple of lines of code given in the paper (http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/339-2011.pdf), but later saw a website where the macro was available for download (http://www.columbia.edu/~qc2138/macro%20studying%20missing%20pattern.sas). So I copied the entire code from that page and plugged in my info the way it was shown in the paper. But nothing happens - there is no error message in the log, also no output. How do I get the summary tables?

Thank you for the help in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Before calling the macro add the following statement. It will provide details in the log of the code generated and will possibly help:

options mprint symbolgen mlogic;

You might also consider removing the NOPRINT options. That would generate some output that might be getting suppressed elsewhere. If you see lots of no records selected that may indicate your data doesn't match some assumptions of the macro OR that you specified something incorrectly in the macro call statement.

mcdj
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Vonda,

Do you by chance have the entire syntax for the Macro? I am trying to download it but the link from the paper to the Columbia website where you can download it is broken. Thanks!

Claire 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation