BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bulleride
Obsidian | Level 7

data temp;
set test1(in = a) /* 2 observations*/
test2(in=b); /* 5 observations*/
if a and b;
run;
How many observations will be there in temp dataset?
a.) 2
b.) 5
c.) 7
d.) 0
Answer: 0 

Please explain the reason behind this.

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

@Bulleride I'm going to assume you're studying for certification? 

I've noticed quite a few questions that you've posted on here. I highly suggest that you do more research and google these issues rather than expect to get all your answers from here. Also, if you purchase the SAS Certification guide the examples have worked solutions, since I'm assuming you're working off free test bank questions that you found online somehow, which don't have worked solutions.

Bulleride
Obsidian | Level 7
@Reeza Yes! I am studying for the same. Went through the SAS base cert book and now solving some questions. Now is almost the time for me and hence asking all my doubts 🙂 I'll buy your suggestion to search for these online. Thanks 🙂
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Also, take your time to perform these examples in a SAS session. You'll learn much more from doing it, rather than just reading and asking.

Good luck anyway!

Data never sleeps
Bulleride
Obsidian | Level 7
😄 Thanks
Ksharp
Super User

There is not  1  1 , only  1 0 OR 0 1 .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation