BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Karo_22
Calcite | Level 5
In the macro of a loop code, I put symbolgen mlogic mprint and this code is printing the 17000+ members that I use as filter. This prints all the 17000+ memsysid's in the saslog each time it goes through the loop and at times this will make the PC SAS windows full and I have to terminate the session. Is there a way to not let the macro print the 17000+ indiv id in the saslog. I tried using options symbolgen mlogic nomprint but this still printed the memsysid's in the saslog. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Your OPTIONS statement controls SASLOG output generated by SAS - NOSOURCE NOSOURCE2 NOMACROGEN NOSYMBOLGEN NOMLOGIC NOMPRINT are possible solutions to reduce the SAS log generated. Otherwise, it's unclear what is generating the SAS log -- without sharing your SAS code. For example, you may have a DATA step that generates SAS log output using PUT or PUTLOG.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Karo_22
Calcite | Level 5
It was a success. It gave me a saslog without printing all the 17000+ individual id's that I used as filter to pull in the claims.
Thanks so much.

The other thing now is for me to know how to run the program optimmally efficient....i have a loop for the 17000+ indiv id's but am not sure if that's optimal. In the past I ran into problem that macro can hold (I think) 2000 values. Any suggestions?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Share your SAS code, in order to get some reasonable feedback.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Karo_22
Calcite | Level 5
Sorry, for confusion. I think I got it to work on my end. Thanks for your help earlier in the original question. THANKS & have a great day.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Good to hear you were successful - it would be helpful to share your experience and results with the forum subscribers / viewers, for their interest and consideration. Also, for future reference, it is a more useful (and personal preferred approach) that you post code, SAS log and sample data (instream) to the forum in a post reply rather than limiting it to one individual -- since this is a general forum and not really a support help desk.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Karo_22
Calcite | Level 5
would you please give me your email or different way of getting code to you. I don't want to just post it on the forum...hope you understand. Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation