BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ganeshsas764
Obsidian | Level 7

hi friends,

i have one dout ,

how to import the today file(txt timestap file) from library(different file are there)  to sas software,

6 REPLIES 6
ganeshsas764
Obsidian | Level 7
yes ,

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26
data want;
  infile "<directory>\<filename>.txt";
  input ...;
run;
ganeshsas764
Obsidian | Level 7

some X-ayhave different files,but i am impoerting only today file to create create sas dataset

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Sorry, but I only speak German and English. I can't make any sense of your writing.

@ganeshsas764 wrote:

some X-ayhave different files,but i am impoerting only today file to create create sas dataset

ballardw
Super User

Please show the exact name of the file.

If you are trying to use a SAS function to determine a value for TODAY to build the correct file name it is possible but we would need to see what the file name looks like to make useable suggestions.

Another optiom though likely more complicated is to use the SAS external file functions to open a directory (DOPEN), search for properties (Doptnum ), identify the property that the operating system uses to specify creation date (Doptname) and find files with the desired date (Dread) and likely a few more steps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation